This platform has the aim to support research groups in behavioral neuroscience experiments. Therefore, it has qualified and experienced technical staff.
This laboratory is available to INc groups, UAB researchers and public and private institutions.
Tasks performed by technicians:
- Develop Behavioral tests at any facility available
- Support researchers in their conductual experiments.
- Training students and researchers in the design, implementation and analysis of a behavioral test protocol.
- Advice on issues mentioned above.
- Conduct tests in rats and mice memory, learning, anxiety and stress, coping, sociability, etc.
- Visual analysis of the variables obtained in the main test of conduct.
- Design and implementation of statistical analysis.
- Ethologic operationalization of variables.
- Behavioral protocols and methodology design for integrated multidisciplinary experiments in the field of neuroscience.
- Update based on literature of a given experimental procedure.
- Writing scientific methodology.
This part of the service is based primarily on supporting groups with their own equipment.
For the moment, the lab co-owns the Morris Water Maze installation in the Animal Facility (SE / M1) and also the videotracking AnyMaze device system associated with it. We expect to expand the facility equipment in the short term.
INc members have preference over non-members and within these groups, those which have not previously used the equipment will have preference over those who have used it recently. Another important factor is a first arrive first serve basis, and the possibility of the technician to carry on different projects at a time.